Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) Visa (Subclass 188)
Allows business people to establish a new, or develop an existing, business in Australia, or to invest in Australia.
- be nominated by a state or territory government or Austrade
- be invited to apply for the visa
- have experience in owning and operating a business (Business Innovation stream) or
- have at least AUD 1.5 million to invest (Investor stream) or
- have at least AUD 5 million to invest (Significant Investor stream) or
- have at least AUD 15 million to invest (Premium Investor stream)
- meet additional requirements of the relevant stream.
Length of stay
Four years and three months
What you can do
You can apply for a Business Innovation and Investment (Permanent) visa (subclass 888) (if eligible).
Global processing times
- 75 per cent of applications
- processed in 8 months