SKILLED REGIONAL (PROVISIONAL) VISA (SUBCLASS 489
Allows skilled workers to live and work in specified regional areas in Australia.
- hold a subclass 475, 487, 495 or 496 visa (Extended Stay pathway)
- be nominated by a state or territory government agency or be sponsored
by an eligible relative (Invited pathway)
- be invited to apply (Invited pathway)
- have a relevant occupation
- have a suitable skills assessment for the occupation
- meet the points test pass mark of 60 points
- be under 45 years of age at time of invitation
- have Competent English.
Length of stay
Up to five years
What you can do
You can work and study in a specified regional area of Australia.
Global processing times
- 75 per cent of applications
- processed in 8 months