VETASSESS Skills Assessment for Skilled Migration
VETASSESS is a skills assessment body authorized by the Australian Government to assess Skills assessment applications of many professionals who primarily intend to migrate to Australia on Skilled Visas.
VETASSESS has expertise in assessing the qualifications and work experience of the applications for employment, migration, course entry, and industry membership. There are multiple professional and trade occupations from several industries. Brilliant Migration Club is recognized for consultancy mastery to cater to strict criteria of the skill assessment process to support the VETASSESS application.
What is VETASSESS Skills Assessment?
In simple terms, VETASSESS skills assessment means that the VETASSESS authorized staff will assess and authenticate that your qualification, work experience, and duties you want to claim as a skilled professional for immigration purposes are according to the standards set by the Australian Government for the related nominated occupations.
The application’s outcome will indicate whether your credentials match the criteria set for your profession.
Why VETASSESS Skills assessment is required?
- It is a requirement that must be fulfilled before applying for a Skilled Visa.
- It authenticates that you are a genuine skilled professional with the required skills in your profession.
- Your VETASSESS approval letter will accompany your Visa application to the Department of home affairs.
- It may give you additional points based on the number of years of work experience in your points test system. Brilliant MIgration club highly recommends claiming maximum points against your post qualification work experience.
Is VETASSESS Skills Assessment Process Complicated?
Believe it or not, it is complicated for most of the applicants due to the fact thatVETASSESS assesses the applications based on specific criteria that we feel is not disclosed openly. The difficult process eventually filters out the best out of thousands of applicants from all around the world.
How do we process VETASSESS applications?
Brilliant Migration Club has helped hundreds of applicants to get their VETASSESS positive skills assessment. Following are our strengths related to VETASSESS.
- We provide an end-to-end solution related to your migration goals, from selecting the right VETASSESS profession for skills assessment to identifying the right areas where the demand and chances of approvals are high.
- Unlike other Migration consultancies, one of the directors of Brilliant Migration Club has twenty-year of industry experience that helps a lot to achieve a positive outcome for our clients.
- Brilliant Migration Club has its own in-house staff working on our own projects, and we understand the VETASSESS requirements very well. We don’t need to consult outsiders to understand your profession and the VETASSESS requirements.
Types of VETASSESS Skills Assessment:
Applicants need to note that there are two types of VETASSESS Skills Assessments:
- Type-1: VETASSESS Professional Occupations – Skills Assessment
- Type-2: VETASSESS Trade Occupations – Skills Assessment
You need to find out what type of Vetassess Skills assessment is required for your profession.
Eligibility Criteria for VETASSESS Professional Occupations Skills assessment (Type-1):
VETASSESS complete skills assessment process includes assessing your qualifications and employment against the suitability of your nominated occupation. Qualification assessment includes evaluating the level of your qualification comparability with the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) and decision regarding the relevance of your qualifications for the nominated occupation. Employment assessment includes assessing your employment location based on inside or outside Australia and decisions regarding the relevance of your work experience for the nominated occupation.
Steps required for VETASSESS Application
First, you must check your occupation on the skilled professional occupations list in which you want a skill assessment. You can apply for a skill assessment if your occupation is on the professional occupations list and you want to apply for General Skilled Migration Visa, Employer Nomination Scheme Visa, SC 491 – Regional Sponsored Migration Visa, or an SC 485 – Temporary Graduate Visa.
Your occupation must be on General Professional Occupations List for VETASSESS skill assessment.
Brilliant Migration Club helps you to assess your relevant occupation listed on the General Professional Occupations List and meet the complex criteria of the nominated occupation according to its group classified by VETASSESS into 6 different groups as
- Group A
- Group B
- Group C
- Group D
- Group E
- Group F
For example, if your occupation lies in Professional Occupations Group B, the qualification and employment requirements and criteria are different from Group A and the rest of the groups.
It is imperative to assess your qualification, and employment fields must be highly relevant to your nominated occupation. Highly relevant qualification and employment mean that your qualification and employment fulfill the criteria of ANZSCO code information of the nominated occupation.
Documents Required for VETASSESS Skills Assessment Application
You are required to submit the following documents for your skill assessment application. All the documents must be a high-quality colored scan of original documents.
- Passport size photograph
- Change of Name evidence (If applicable)
- Primary Identity Documents
- Passport bio-page scan
- Birth certificate
- Secondary Identity Documents
- National ID
- Driver’s License
- Social security card
- Marriage certificate
- Student identity card
- Australian visa grant
Note: You need to submit at least one from the primary identity documents and one from the secondary identity document.
- Degree certificates
- Employer reference letter
- Payment Evidence – e.g., Payslips, Bank Statements, Taxation Documents, insurance or superannuation records, etc.
- Organizational Chart (In case of Managerial Occupations)
Note: If any of the documents are not in English, you must submit the original document and its translation into English.
Priority Processing – VETASSESS Skills Assessment Applications
The applicants who wish to apply under a Full Skills Assessment for General Professional occupations can use the priority processing option.
When you submit your VETASSESS skills assessment application, VETASSESS will assess your application whether it is suitable for priority processing or not. You will receive confirmation notification about the suitability of your skills assessment application for priority processing within two business days.
The applications assessed as unsuitable for priority processing will not be evaluated within the given priority processing timeframe and will be assessed as standard skills assessment applications. In this case, the priority processing fee will be refunded.
Application Processing Time – VETASSESS Skills Assessment Applications
Approx. processing time
Full Skills Assessments
8 – 10 Weeks
10 Business Days
3 – 5 Weeks
11 – 12 Weeks
No work Experience – Qualification Assessment
Suppose you do not have any work experience and only have your qualification in a highly relevant field to your nominated occupation. In that case, you can submit your application under qualification assessment for the skills assessment. Usually, qualification assessment supports only Subclass 485 – Temporary Graduate Visa because employment is not necessary for Subclass 485 – Temporary Graduate Visa. Employment is necessary for all other types of visa applications.
Cost or Fee Structure – VETASSESS Skill Assessment
Fee (Inclusive GST) AUD
Full Skills Assessments
Post 485 – Same Occupation
Reassessment – Qualification
Reassessment – Employment
Note: The above-given fee is only the VETASSESS fee for skill assessment applications.
Trade Occupations – Skills Assessment (Type-2)
VETASSESS Trade occupation skills assessment process is classified into two different pathways depending on Australian or non-Australian qualification and occupational license.
Suitability Criteria for Trade Occupations Skills Assessment
VETASSESS trade occupations skills assessment process includes assessing your skills and knowledge against your nominated occupation described in the fact sheet developed by VETASSESS. The fact sheet developed by VETASSESS has different requirements for different occupations. This will also include the assessment of your qualifications and occupational license against acceptable Australian or non-Australian qualifications and occupational licenses.
Check Your Occupation
First, you must check your nominated occupation on the VETASSESS Trade Occupations List. You can apply for a skill assessment if your occupation is on the VETASSESS Trade Occupations List.
BMC helps you to assess your relevant occupation listed on the VETASSESS Trade Occupations List and meet the complex criteria of the nominated occupation according to the fact sheet developed by VETASSESS.
Pathway 1 – If you do not have an Australian qualification or occupational license
There are two different stages for trade occupation skills assessment under pathway 1. There are minimum work experience requirements for your nominated occupation given as follows;
- Licensed Trades – 6 years employment experience (with no formal training).
- Licensed Trades – 4 years employment experience (with relevant formal training).
- Non-licensed Trades – 5 years employment experience (with no formal training).
- Non-licensed Trades – 3 years employment experience (with relevant formal training).
- You must submit a copy of your qualification (Award certificates and Transcripts).
- You must submit evidence of full-time paid employment in your nominated occupation. The evidence required is employer statement and payment evidence (pay slips, bank statements, taxation records, annual payment summaries, etc.)
Stage 1 – Evidence Review.
An evidence review includes the evidence check according to the minimum work experience requirements according to the nominated occupation.
Stage 2 – Practical Assessment/Technical Interview.
After the successful completion of stage 1, you must submit a fee for stage 2. In stage 2, you will be gone through a practical assessment having practical tasks assessed by the assessor or a technical interview conducted by the assessor about the skills and knowledge relevant to your nominated occupation.
Pathway 2 – If you do have an Australian qualification or occupational license
There are two different stages for trade occupation skills assessment under pathway 2. There are a minimum Australian qualification or your current Australian occupational license and work experience requirements for your nominated occupation given as follows;
- You must submit a copy of your Australian qualification or your current Australian occupational license.
- You must submit evidence of full-time paid employment in your nominated occupation for at least three years at an appropriate skill level. It may include pay slips, bank statements, taxation records, annual payment summaries, etc.
- The applicants with a current Australian occupational license must submit evidence of full-time paid employment in Australia in the nominated occupation for at least 12 months in the last three years.
Stage 1 – Evidence Review.
An evidence review includes the evidence check according to the minimum Australian qualification or your current Australian occupational license and work experience requirements according to the nominated occupation.
Stage 2 –Technical Interview.
After the successful completion of stage 1, you must submit a fee for stage 2. In stage 2, a technical interview is conducted by the assessor about the skills and knowledge in relevance to your nominated occupation.
Application Processing Time – VETASSESS Trade Occupation Skills Assessment Applications
The processing time for the trade occupation skills assessment applications depends on the type of the application. It usually is 12 – 14 weeks.