CARER VISA (SUBCLASS 116)
This visa is for someone who needs to move to Australia to:
- care for a relative in Australia with a long-term or permanent medical condition, or
- assist a relative providing care to a member of their family unit with a long-term or permanent medical conditions.
You must be willing to provide, or help provide, care to your relative.
Your relative must:
- have been assessed as needing care or have arranged an assessment with a designated health service provider
- not be able to get the care they need from another source in Australia
- be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen.
Length of stay
What you can do
Global processing times
Global processing time for this visa is unavailable as applications are capped or queued
For more information read Global visa and citizenship processing times