Regional Sponsored Migration (Subclass 187)
This visa is a permanent residence visa for skilled workers who want to work in regional Australia. It allows you to work in Australia under one of three streams:
- the Temporary Residence Transition stream
- the Direct Entry stream
- the Agreement stream.
- be nominated by an approved Australian employer for a job in regional Australia (anywhere except the Gold Coast, Brisbane, Newcastle, Sydney, Wollongong or Melbourne)
- are under 50 years of age, if you are applying under the Temporary Residence stream, or you are under 45 years of age if you are applying under the Direct Entry stream.
- meet the skills, qualifications and English language requirements of the position
- meet the other requirements of one of the streams of this visa.
Length of stay
What you can do
Global processing times
Temporary Residence Transition stream: 75 per cent of applications processed in 8 months
Direct Entry stream: 75 per cent of applications processed in 13 months